Thursday 22 November 2012

Today I Am Thankful For

My salvation. I'm thankful that Christ came to save anyone, i'm amazed that He came to save me. I was reading Isaiah 52-53 this morning as providence would have it. Upon Him was the chastisement that brough us peace.

My wife. A constant, faithful, helpful provocation to me. I'm thankful for her hard work both in her job and mine.

My ministry. It really is a privilege to be the youth pastor and Trinity. I can't really think of a better job than where you get paid to study the Bible and tell people what you've discovered. I'm thankful that three times a week in church, and four times a week at school i get to teach the Bible.

My church. For their love, prayers, trust and faithfulness. I'm excited about what God is doing among us. I'm thankful that it's usual to see people saved, baptised and discipled.

My immediate family. Working with young people, i know how rare it is to grow up never doubting my parents love and support. I'm thankful that my family loves and supports me to this day. I'm thankful for facetime.

My extended family. This is my sixth thanksgiving. I'm thankful for how the Cash/Sweeney/Justice/Ferguson tribe has taken me in.

Church planters. As a group of people, no one stirs me more than men and women who set off into the great unknown to start churches. I'm thankful for Logan and Grayson in Provo, Jay and Annette in Dover, Myron and Julie in Gilbert and Heath and Jamie in Houston. I'm thankful that we got to take our teens to Provo and Dover this year, and thankful for the impact those trips have had. I'm always thankful for Sean and Liz in Reading.

For enduring friendships. I've had two conversations this week that could have happened at any time over the last six to eight years.

Right now, i'm thankful that it's eight o'clock on Thursday morning, and i have the prospect of three days with Rachel in front of me. Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment